Sunday, March 11, 2012

So I've Realized...

Let us see, it's been abou 2 weeks, and the only thing I can think about is what to have for my next meal without breaking free from the immersion.  I have realized that out of all the reasons that are out there for being a vegetarian, I only am able to keep this up for the healthy lifestyle.  I used to think that I had enough sympathy towards animals to let it keep me from meat, but I have not even found myself thinking about animal rights or any of that stuff when I get hungry for meat.
I have never been a feminist, nor practiced a religion that practiced any form of restraining from meat, but I have been always aware of animal rights.  I have contacted PETA and reported the mistreatment of animals in multiple situations, but for some reason, cows, birds, pigs, and the usual farm animal has never been in my mind.  I guess I have just grown so used to the fact that we eat animals to survive.  I think I have been so influenced by our mainstream culture, that my sensitivities towards farm animals have diminished.  There is a food chain, and the human race happens to be towards the top, and I think that after my 30 days are up, I will join back in.  I love meat because it supplies me with the nutrients I do not receive from my already picky diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment