Sunday, March 25, 2012

Almost Done!

As of now, I am no longer a vegetarian.  I have failed my immersion plan!! haha I mean, I will live, but I still feel kind of bad for not even being able to go a month in my immersion.
At first, I was all in to changing my diet and trying out this new way of life, but slowly I began to lose motivation.  I first started making small exceptions, like "sure I'll split a pizza with you; you want pepperoni? well of course I don't care!" Then Darin will bring home food from work, which is usually things like wings and such, and I would have to eat it because I hadn't eaten all day.  I started realizing instead of splitting meals with people and saving money, I would have to buy all my own separate meals (usually more expensive).
So for about 4 days, I have been saying "SCREW IT!" and eating whatever is convenient because I have been super broke.  Cheap, nasty McDoubles and chemically pumped hot dogs have been what's easy and cheap, which is still sad to me.  I wish I could have been able to eat a healthy vegetarian diet for these 30 days, and it would have been a treat to do so!
Maybe in a few years, when I have an awesome job and live somewhere just as awesome (no where near this town), I will have the means of finally committing to this immersion.

No comments:

Post a Comment